I love to help Daddy (or sometimes Mommy) make coffee in the morning. Daddy gets the jar of beans down from the shelf. I take the lid off and start to measure out four scoops using the big coffee scoop. I use the lid of the bean grinder to scrape off the excess beans from the scoop. I dump the beans carefully into the top of the grinder. Then I put the lid on and use the scoop to hold the compartment for the ground coffee in place. Daddy turns the knob on the grinder and it makes a lot of noise. In fact, I used to call the machine 'NOISE!' When it's done, I tap the compartment a couple of times, pull it out and carefully dump it in the cafetière (French press). Then Daddy pours the hot water in. I put the lid on the cafetière and press the four-minute timer. When it goes BEEP BEEP BEEP, I let Daddy know, because he can't hear it. Then I press down the filter on the cafetière (with a little help from Daddy). I also count out the Splenda tablets (two each) for their mugs and help stir the coffee, Splenda, and milk. I'm a pretty good barista-in-training they tell me! Sometimes Daddy uses his 'moka' coffee maker, an espresso maker that Mommy gave him for his birthday while we were in Italy. I help measure the coffee into the filter, but that's about all I can do with that one. I don't think it's as much fun. But Mommy and Daddy seem to like it.
I have a little bear that was actually Daddy's--a present from Mommy before they got married. My friend Millie has a similar one, so I sometimes say that she gave me my bear. It has a little green apron with a certain logo on it. In fact, I often like to point out logos. I started using the word 'logo' back in February, when Mommy and I went by a coffee shop and I said, 'Look, Mommy, there's a lady in the Starbucks logo!'
I also like to make up little songs and chants. All the time. Here's one I did recently. Think I have a future in advertising or maybe marketing?
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home