JoMo's Blog

Information on JoMo's big adventures.

Monday, April 14, 2008

Snow!!

Last Sunday morning, we opened the curtains to find the world covered in white! About four inches of snow had fallen!

It was beautiful. There was snow everywhere - on the clothes line, on the trees, the roofs, the tulips and daffodils. Wow! This was the first real snowfall since over a year ago. But because it's April, it only lasted a few hours - except for the snow on the north-facing roofs, which stayed a couple of days.


Here I am standing on the table to look out the window. (Don't worry - Mommy and Daddy said I could this once!) We were rather late to church that day.... We got all bundled up and went out in the back garden to play. I had a lot of fun riding on my sled and shaking one of the jingle bells from my great-great-great grandfather's sleigh! We sang 'Jingle Bells' a few times over!














Here's my jingle bell!

I also learned how to throw snowballs! Mommy and Daddy each built little snowmen. Mommy's was on the ground. I told her it needed a hat--just like I told her last winter when she made a snowman for me. (If you look in the archive for February 2007, you'll find that story. Click here and then scroll down for the snowman story.) I enjoyed knocking the snowman over and stomping on it. Maybe that's why Daddy built his up high, in the flower urn!

Sadly, by the time we got back from church, most of the snow in the front garden had melted, although there was still enough for some more snowballs in the back garden! But with flowers this pretty it's hard to complain too much!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home