
Tonight MaMa and DaDa and Mr. Heaton [
our landlord, who lives upstairs] went out to dinner tonight at a very nice restaurant called
Brasserie Blanc. MaMa told me before we went to dinner that I needed to be very good and not throw things on the floor. I tried really hard, although I did drop a bunch of colored pencils on the floor, one by one, accompanied by "Uh Oh!" each time. But I didn't throw any food on the floor, so I guess I did pretty well! The waiter said I was the best child eating there in a long, long time. Anyway, we had a nice time, and I enjoyed dotting colors all over Raymond Blanc's face on the paper they gave me to doodle on.

The restaurant has a huge window looking out on the street. There are large letters on them. I pointed at them and started saying the ABC song, only I start at around C and go "CDE!" MaMa said, "That's right: those are letters. They're backwards though. They say, 'Blanc'--that's the name of the restaurant and the man that owns it. Can you say 'Blanc'?" So I said "Blanc"--or close to it. MaMa pronounced it more like "Blonnnnnn." I kept pointing at the window and trying to say "Blonnnnnnn" too! Everyone was very impressed by my ability to read French backwards! :-)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home